db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE READ AND REVIEW: Proposed text for code sharing contribution
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:28:06 GMT
> Although not included in this initial contribution, we will need to
> provide mechanisms to help track down and resolve mixed version issues.
>  Possible mechanisms include:
>
>   - upgrade sysinfo to use the current classloader rather than the
> classpath to determine version information

I just wanted to note that I submitted a proposed patch for DERBY-668
earlier this week which does exactly this, albeit only for the db2jcc
driver. I think this technique can be used throughout sysinfo to
accomplish your goal.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has time to review the patch.

thanks,

bryan