db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: PLEASE READ AND REVIEW: Proposed text for code sharing contribution
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:04:35 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Great.  I have to say your part about how this "will translate into
> SQL and JDBC compatibility with the masking issues going on" has me a
> bit stumped -- can you explain in some more detail?

Let me play with it a bit before we get into more discussion, but
basically what I am thinking about is things like:

DERBY - 396 -  In expanding  functionality  for ALTER STATEMENT , in a
mixed jar  environment the existing 10.1 syntax should still work  even
if some of the changes for the enhancement are in shared classes.

I updated the Wiki page to include your new wording under  Mixed Version
Support.  I think it is a clear description of the product behaviour
that users and developers can understand  before trying to understand
the underlying implementation.

Thanks

Kathey