db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <S-Hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [doc] ditaot in derby svn base feedback / external docs doc
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:02:55 GMT
Hopefully it won't need to be forked for a long time.  I have been
waiting for one patch to be applied to the ditaot, which keeps getting
put back in version numbers ( keeps being pushed to the next version
number); although it was supposed to get in a while ago.  A portion of
this is due to a couple things.  Really some type of easy to use flags
need to be setup for the dita open toolkit for building using various
items.  It almost needs to have some type of template based system setup
for the output, although I haven't spent more time than knowing it needs
something.  This could be layered on top of the ibm ditaot.

But, to keep things simple, I think a bit more of a conversation with
the ditaot people need to be pursued a bit.  I don't think a list of
items is setup to give to them, or ask them about.  Although Jeff Levit
I think works closely (or has talked to the ditaot people) in the past.
I don't know what type of communication (if any) they have.  I think
another person is involved too :-)  (I'll stop at this muddled point).

I think the first thing to do, since I have been too slow getting just
the date patch implemented into ditaot, is get whatever files are
different from the external base, add the diffs, and patch.  But without
these patches being out in the public, not everyone can build what is
currently being built.   So the main problem is, nobody else can build
the docs the way they are currently being built by those that have Jeff
Levit's mods.

Yes, I have spent a couple hours looking for some older specs that might
be available, so it seems they do need something like an iso purchase
(or wherever they reside).  I think the wiki can hold a majority of the
good information, and filter it into a document of documents...

scott