db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject New features for next release .... (Was: Grant and Revoke ... DERBY-464...)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:35:16 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I noticed several other new feature work being proposed and actively
being worked, possibly in time for next 10.2 release. Here is the
updated list I have so far. Let me know if I missed anything.<br>
<ol>
  <li>JDBC 4.0 Stub implementation</li>
  <li>Unary Plus/Minus.</li>
  <li>Code sharing proposal.</li>
  <li>Optimizer hints</li>
  <li>Timeout support in Derby client.</li>
  <li>Grant/Revoke in Derby</li>
  <li>I18 support and SQLStates for Derby client messages.</li>
  <li>Updatable, scrollable result sets</li>
  <li>New datatype(s) (Boolean)</li>
  <li>Making FOR UPDATE optional</li>
  <li>Online backup</li>
  <li>XML enhancements for XPATH/XQuery support</li>
  <li>setQueryTimeout for Derby client</li>
  <li>ALTER Table DROP COLUMN</li>
</ol>
Satheesh<br>
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
            <pre wrap="">"Satheesh" == Satheesh Bandaram <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:satheesh@Sourcery.Org">&lt;satheesh@Sourcery.Org&gt;</a> wrote:
            </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Regarding "Long term" plans, as defined by DB project, I
wonder what other enhancements DerbyDev folks are working
on. I would like to know what else could be expected in the
next 6 months. Some of other development efforts I know
are:

 1. JDBC 4.0 Stub implementation
 2. Unary Plus/Minus.
 3. Code sharing proposal.
 4. Optimizer hints
 5. Timeout support in Derby client.
 6. Grant/Revoke in Derby
 7. I18 support and SQLStates for Derby client messages.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
You can add:

8. Updatable, scrollable result sets

We (Fernanda, Andreas and I) are making progress on making the
scrollable (insensitive) result sets updatable, stay tuned.

Dag

  </pre>