db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Where to place emacs-mode for ij
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:55:24 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>

>>Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

13:15:06):

> Hmmm, what's the exact relation of sql-ij.el to sqli.el?

sql-ij.el invokes sqli.el, according to Bernt's description.

> If sqli.el is seen as a library, or a plug-in then sql-ij.el would have
> to be released under the GPL. Which obviously would not be acceptable as
> ASF.

well, that's a good point -- and I'm glad you raised it.

I was viewing the .el file pretty much like an xsl style sheet file, but
the fact that it's actually lisp and needs to be compiled sets it a
notch above.

> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCGPLAndPlugins
>
> I would advise asking tha ASF legal-discuss before adding this code to SVN.

Bernt, did you produce the .el file entirely on your own?
If you did not, then it can't likely be committed/distributed.
If you did, then it would be worth checking with legal-discuss. This
issue hasn't been raised on that list yet.

  -jean