db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Duplication of first 5 characters of a SQLState
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:34:45 GMT
It is possible to have multiple messages with the same SQL state. For
example, 22007 is specifically called out in the SQL spec for "invalid
datetime format."

In HADB we actually use the same SQL State for many different errors
(they are distinguishable by the SQLException errno rather than by SQL
State).

That said, it is likely that some or all of these are just mistakes and
have no rationale.  SQL State classes 42 and XJ are not defined in the
spec (at least as far as I can find) so they are Derby-specific.

David