db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Question about client compatibility testing and DERBY-516 (paging Rick #:))
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:24:23 GMT
I noticed that DERBY-516 was closed with the addition of  the new test
jdbcapi\CompatibilityTest.java. which adds a nice framework for some
basic compatibility testing.

By default it seems that this test  just runs with 10.2 client and 10.2
server so doesn't give us any additional coverage in derbyAll for
compatibility testing.  I was wondering if there were plans to check the
derby release jars into the trunk so that the compatibility testing
would be performed as part of the normal testing procedures?  These jars
could also be used in  DERBY-514 to  enable upgrade testing.

Thanks

Kathey