db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Voitng on Jira issues
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:16:58 GMT
TomohitoNakayama wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was interested in VOTE link at JIRA issue too , however, I'm not sure
> what is JIRA voting feature exactly ...
>
> I don't know whether it matches our requirement for voting .
> For example ...
> * Sometimes we vote not only +1 , but also vote +0.5,+0,-0,-0.5 , as
> expression of subtle opinion.
> * Sometimes we have multiple voting on single issue .
>
> // I suspect that vote in JIRA is different from our familiar vote in
> mailing list , though they use same word "vote" .
> // Vote in JIRA may be just voting whether accept the issue or neglect
> it . Are there someone who have used vote feature in JIRA already ?

If I remember right, Kathey Marsden has been using Jira votes to see
which features most interest users.

However, it's a vote/unvote toggle, and it doesn't reveal who cast the
vote, which is important when binding votes by committers need to be
considered.

So, the Jira vote is nice for determining interest. But when a formal
vote is required, that vote needs to be carried out on the derby-dev
mail list.

  -jean

> Best regards.
>
> Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the norwegian. Meant for Dag directly.
>>
>> But what does the community think: Shouldn't voting on Jira issues
>> use the Jira voting feature?

09:48:13):

03:05:01):