db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject intermittent query plan diff for lang/wisconsin.sql with 10.1 jars
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:25:54 GMT
 From time to time I get a diff with lang/wisconsin.sql with the 10.1
insane jars.   Running derbyall with this build

http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.1.2.1.330390

I saw it in  the derbynetmats suite with JCC.  I have also seen it
occasionally  in embedded and client with derbyall runs in the past, but
it does not reproduce on rerun.  The diff is basically because instead
of   Nested Loop Exists Join ResultSet, I get a Hash Exists Join  ResultSet.
The query results are all ok.  Has anyone else ever seen this?   Anyone
have any ideas on what might cause this and thoughts on whether it
should hold up the release.

Thanks

Kathey