db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Deprecating support for mixed client/server version environments?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:08:05 GMT
I mean that in version 10.2 we document that "in version 10.3 (or 10.4)
of Derby, we will no longer support environments where multiple versions
of Derby are available in the same classloader."

Then in version 10.3 (or 10.4) if/when someone sends an email saying
"I've got this weird bug where upgrades don't seem to have any impact"
or "when I upgrade I'm getting weird exceptions about methods not being
found" we can say "run this tool (some form of sysinfo that works with
classloaders)" and if it shows they have mixed versions we can say
"don't do that, here are instructions on how to not do that" instead of
"let's try to fix this."

David