db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Deprecating support for mixed client/server version environments?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 22:01:13 GMT
Not only in our discussions, but in the coding I am doing, ensuring
forward and backward compatibility in mixed version environments is
achievable but fairly onerous.

I think there has been some discussion of this, but I wanted to make it
a more direct question: is it possible that we "deprecate" support of
mixed client/embedded version environments in 10.2, and officialy remove
support in 10.3 or 10.4?  This would reduce the overhead of
adding/supporting common code significantly.  But I am not in support
and I am not clear of the impact of doing this.

Thanks,

David