db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Derby-573]Optimizer overrides and metadata.properties files
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:07:31 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I see the same issue, I think it is because the file is being modfied
> for ODBC using org.apache.derbyBuild.ODBCMetadataGenerator. There must
> be a bug in that process.

Yes, in the "readLine" method there is the following logic:

	char ch;
	int byteRead;
	for (byteRead = is.read();
		(byteRead != -1) && (count < line.length);
		byteRead = is.read())
	{
		ch = (char)byteRead;
		line[count++] = ch;
		atLeastOneNonWSChar = true;
			break;
	}

The "if" statement assumes a slash indicates the end of the line, but as Mamta
pointed out, that's not true.  This logic needs to fixed to do the correct
thing.  I'll look into it if no one else already is...

Army