db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: ATTENTION: Revision 330103 requires junit.jar
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:18:39 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>

>>Hi, all.  I just committed Rick's patch to DERBY-516 which adds support
>>for compatibility testing.  These new tests are written in Junit and our
>>build and testing infrastructure now requires the junit jar file to be
>>downloaded and put into your classpath.
>

> Running the new test jdbcapi/CompatibilityTest.java I get a failure due
> to security manager permissions.

I think I was confused because the commit comment for this change includes:

> 6) CompatibilityTest.java is a thin wrapper which runs one
>    configuration (embedded) of JDBCDriverTest inside the derbyall
>    suite.

But it seems that that test jdbcapi/CompatibilityTest.java does not run
against embedded, instead it requires the DerbyNetClient framework.

Using that framework I get a different error ...

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.main(JDBCDriverTest.java:344)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.CompatibilityTest.main(CompatibilityTest.java:71)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission user.home read)
	at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:269)
	at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1276)
	at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:573)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getPreferencesFile(BaseTestRunner.java:216)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.readPreferences(BaseTestRunner.java:223)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getPreferences(BaseTestRunner.java:37)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getPreference(BaseTestRunner.java:236)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getPreference(BaseTestRunner.java:240)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.<clinit>(BaseTestRunner.java:320)
	... 2 more
Exception in thread "main"

Dan.