db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: ATTENTION: Revision 330103 requires junit.jar
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:51:15 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi, all.  I just committed Rick's patch to DERBY-516 which adds support
> for compatibility testing.  These new tests are written in Junit and our
> build and testing infrastructure now requires the junit jar file to be
> downloaded and put into your classpath.

Running the new test jdbcapi/CompatibilityTest.java I get a failure due
to security manager permissions.

Do you want to just run this test without the security manager for now?

If so, add noSecurityManager=true in its _app.properties file.

Dan.

java.lang.Exception: Error lookup up server info:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to server
localhost on port 1527 with message : null
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.findServer(JDBCDriverTest.java:1238)org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to server
localhost on port 1527 with message : null
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetAgent.<init>(NetAgent.java:113)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.newAgent_(NetConnection.java:928)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:298)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.<init>(NetConnection.java:187)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(ClientDriver.java:125)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.getConnection(JDBCDriverTest.java:894)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.getConnection(JDBCDriverTest.java:878)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.findServer(JDBCDriverTest.java:1228)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.main(JDBCDriverTest.java:336)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.CompatibilityTest.main(CompatibilityTest.java:71)

	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility.JDBCDriverTest.main(JDBCDriverTest.java:336)
	at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.CompatibilityTest.main(CompatibilityTest.java:71)
Exception in thread "main"