db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Need some help with setting up my Derby development testing environment
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:26:47 GMT
Hi Bryan,

(1) The tests will create their own databases. That one you don't have
to worry about.

(2) I'm guessing your problem is that you don't have a properly
configured classpath.

(3) I'm enclosing the scripts which I use to run tests. You should
probably do a test run with just a single test to make sure that
everything's ok. Here's what my various scripts do:

setupClasspath - this script wires together the Derby class tree and the
jar files in trunk/tools/java
setupTests - this script deletes the old test run and invokes the
previous script
runtestsuite - this script invokes the previous script and then runs a
single test suite
runtests - this script invokes the previous script to run the full
derbyall master suite
runonetest - this script invokes setupTests, then runs a single test

If you put these scripts in some directory in your $PATH, you can do the
following:

# this runs derbyall
runtests

# run the bit.sql test from the lang suite
runonetest lang/bit.sql

Hope this helps,
-Rick