db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Need some help with setting up my Derby development testing environment
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:04:24 GMT
Hi all,

I'm still struggling, trying to get a configuration of
my system such that I can run 'derbyall' successfully.

Three questions:

1) java/testing/README.htm does not say anything about
creating a database; it just says to "cd into a directory
that does not have any colons or spaces in it." Do I
need to create a database for the tests to use? Or do they
all create their own databases? If I need to create a
database first, does it need to have any particular
configuration?

2) I'm seeing a bunch of diffs/failures that say "No
Suitable Driver". I'm wondering whether this means that
I don't have my db2jcc driver set up correctly. All I
did was to download the two jar files and put them in
my CLASSPATH before starting derbyall. Should that have
been sufficient? How can I confirm that I've got the
db2jcc driver configured correctly? What else might cause
me to get "No Suitable Driver"?

3) Running 'derbyall', then waiting 6 hours, then staring
at a giant pile of diffs is not really helping me very
much; is there a smaller simple test that I can run to
confirm my environment is set up correcly?

Thanks,

bryan