db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: codeline health
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:09:24 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
> To be fair (a) it works fine on Windows, which is probably the platform
> the committer(s) tested with and (b) it has only been one working day.

Actually, I ran derbyall with two unrelated failures on linux before
committing. But I realize now what's happened.

We're a victim of a little strange subversion behaviour. Setting the
svn:eol-style property on a file before committing it does *not* change
the contents of the file in your local sandbox. So derbyall will run as
before, regardless of the platform. 'svn diff' reports only a bunch of
property changes on the files, but no actual content diffs.

Now, when the patch is *committed*, suddenly all the files' content
changes. Thus, these failures were not caught before committing, but
after. I'm sorry about the consequences for you all, and I'll go ahead
and try to fix the issues.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway