db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2 release candidate #2
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:41:51 GMT

On Nov 4, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:

> The new release candidate for 10.1.2 is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.1.2.1.330608/
>
> Plan to complete testing by  Thursday 11/11/2005, 5:00am PST. After
> you
> try out the release,  please vote:
>
> [+1] Make the release candidate  (10.1.2.1 - (SVN 330608))  the
> official
> 10.1.2 release of Derby.
> [ -1] Do not make the release candidate the official 10.1.2 release.
> (List  showstopper Jira entries)

Ran derbyall on Mac OS X 10.4.3, with JDK 1.4.2 - one expected
failure (DERBY-417)

Ran derbyall on Mac OS X 10.4.3, with JDK 1.5.0 - one expected
failure (DERBY-417)

Ran derbyall on Solaris 9 with JDK 1.5.0_05 - two failures:
daemonService.unit - comparing with Ole's Solaris 9 tests, it appears
that this fails intermittently.
predicatesIntoViews.sql - it appears that this is due to my machine
being slow. (optimizer picked a different query plan)
All other tests passed.

Docs and demos look good.

The javadoc is missing the changenumber from which it is built. Not a
showstopper, but I guess the changenumber is not picked up properly
if the publishedapi target is run separately.  Also, it is possible
to get the third and fourth parts of the version into the javadoc
footer easily now. I'll file a JIRA for these improvements.

My vote: +1

andrew