db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building jars from 10.1.2.1 source fails: "Manifest is invalid"
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:01:38 GMT

On Nov 14, 2005, at 11:52 AM, John Embretsen wrote:

> I am using Subversion 1.1.4, but this should not matter in this
> case, should it?
> I mean, I guess it is the subversion version of the person doing
> the release
> packaging (in this case Kathey, right?) that matters, or am I
> misunderstanding
> something here?

No, it is the version of Subversion of the user running the buildjars
target from the source distribution that matters, not the person
packaging the release. The manifest is generated by Ant at the time
that the buildjars target is run, not when the source distribution is
created.

So, in this case, yes, the version of Subversion that you are running
is what makes the difference, and if you upgraded your Subversion to
1.2.0 or later, you would be able to run the buildjars target as well
as if you had applied the patch that I sent.

andrew