db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From craig vanderborgh <craigulus5...@yahoo.com>
Subject Derby on GCJ
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:45:06 GMT
Hello,

We are going to make a substantial attempt to get Derby running on GCJ.  The
goal is not to run Derby on the GCJ "JVM", but instead to ahead-of-time compile
all the Derby sources (to .o files using the gcj compiler) so that the results
are compact and fast enough to use on embedded systems.

We plan on using GCJ 3.3.2, or perhaps 4.x.  What are the primary porting
issues we're likely to encounter, and how do you think we ought to address them
in a way that might eventually be of use to the Derby project?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated