db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sean McCully <sean_mccu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Derby Driver
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:48:22 GMT
Apologies should I continue the discussion here or move it?

  Yes when I execute the derby jar it works, and actually I was able to get the driver to
load by merely replacing the String name with a String constant but on subsequents loads it
failed. Also this may be due to the computer I was using which experienced a crashed afterwards.
I will check tommorrow and move this discussion to the derby-user mailing list.

  Thanks!!

Francois Orsini <francois.orsini@gmail.com> wrote:
  Btw, this kind of question should be posted to derby-user mailing list preferrably...

  On 11/17/05, Francois Orsini < francois.orsini@gmail.com> wrote:  Seems like a classpath
issue...is your application using the default JVM classloader

On the command-line,  can you run: (you need to have derby.jar or derbytools.jar in the classpath)

java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo

Do you get the same ClassNotFound exception?

  On 11/17/05, Sean McCully < sean_mccully@yahoo.com> wrote:     Hello I probably have
a rather simple question, when I execute the following line

  Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();

  it throws the following exception

  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException : org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

  derby.jar is included in my Classpath, what is the problem?

  Thanks!!