db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: [doc] ditaot in derby svn base feedback / external docs doc
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:26:07 GMT
Just wanted to provide an update on my status for
those following this discussion.  I had planned to
update the DITA-OT 1.0.2 xsl files to include my mods
so that we could move those to the ant build, but I
have been unable to do much lately due to health
problems (back injury).  I was able to chop together a
new mod tonight and test it briefly with the Getting
Started Guide, and it seems to work.  I am attaching
the files I needed to change in the DITA-OT1.0.2
build.  I would have created a patch but I dont think
we've checked these in yet under the Apache ASL?  Is
that what the plan is?  Anyways, my changes are mainly
to the xsl/dita2fo-shell.xsl file, but there are two
lines that I also had to change, one each in the
build.xml and conductor.xml files in the root
directory of the dita 1.0.2 build.  I basically
changed a line in both of them to recognize dita files
as having .dita file extensions instead of .xml file
extensions.  A minor change, but it must be done or
else any inline links within a pdf file to another
point in the pdf do not work.

So these should work, but not in our current setup,
since Andrew had made some changes of his own to the
ant build to specialize it for the Derby manuals.
Andrew, I think you'll have to make those changes
again.  But you can start with my mods in these files
as a baseline.

Let me know if there is anything else you need or any
questions you have and I'll do my best to get back to
you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jeff

--- "David W. Van Couvering"