db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Abfalter <abfal...@airnetcom.com>
Subject RE: Database query tool with API for use with Derby in embedded m ode
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:24:42 GMT
I downloaded it as a potential to look at, but I had not seen these very
complete instructions.  I'll give that a try!

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Orsini [mailto:francois.orsini@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 5:20 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Database query tool with API for use with Derby in embedded
mode

Have you looked at SQuirreL?

It is ( 2.0RC1 minimum) supposed to work with Derby and it is written in
Java.

http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ <http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/>

More instructions on how to set-it up to work with Embedded Derby here:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=370
<http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=370&messag
e=13742269&thread=89920&cat=19> &message=13742269&thread=89920&cat=19

On 11/21/05, Imran Hussain < imranh@imranweb.com
<mailto:imranh@imranweb.com> > wrote:

Try JaySQL from http://synametrics.com <http://synametrics.com> .

Scott Abfalter wrote:

>I am looking for advice on any open-source or products out there that may
>help solve a problem.
>
>We are replacing our aged Informix database with the much better Apache
>Derby database.  We are running in an embedded mode.
>
>What we are looking for is a database browser tool that will allow us to
>query and perform operations on the database (sort of like dbaccess for
>Informix, or any number of the JDBC aware database browsing tools out
>there).  Except that we want to be able to run this within the JVM that is
>maintaining the connection to the embedded database.
>
>We do not wish to run in a client-server mode.  If we were, then we could
>use any JDBC based tool.  But in this case our preference is to run in an
>embedded mode and so any tool would have to be invokable from our
>application.  I understand that I will have to write come code to make this
>happen.
>
>If anyone knows of a 3rd party tool that would be easy to integrate then I
>would be interested in hearing about it.  The alternative is to the
>command-line interface (or a nicer browser tool) only when our application
>is offline, and that would not be preferable.
>
>Scott Allen Abfalter
>AirNet Communications, Inc.
>

>THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, COPYRIGHTED,  OR OTHER
>LEGALLY PROTECTED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT
>(EVEN IF THE E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE IS YOURS), YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY
>OR RETRANSMIT IT.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS BY MISTAKE, OR WISH TO BE
>REMOVED FROM A MAILING LIST, PLEASE NOTIFY US BY RETURN E-MAIL AT
> POSTMASTER@AIRNETCOM.COM <mailto:POSTMASTER@AIRNETCOM.COM> , THEN DELETE.
THANK YOU.