My logic is trying to do what you explained in the 2nd paragraph. As for the cases, where the parameters are excluded, parameters under a unary minus will be excluded automatically too because I have defined UnaryOperatorNode to extend ParameterNode. The existing code (where parameters are disallowed) checks for isParameterNode() and throws exception if isParameterNode() returns true. I have added the method isParameterNode() to UnaryOperatorNode which returns true if it is unary minus/unary plus and has a parameter for the operand. Because of this implementation scheme, I didn't have to go look at the existing parameter exclusion code to also check for unary minus/unary plus parameters.

I should have the code for review within a day or two, need to write comments and more tests.

Mamta