On Oct 13, 2005, at 9:28 AM, scott hutinger wrote:

I downloaded the gettingstarted alpha pdf, and it had a build tag date of
Derby Document build: 2005-04-12T11:30PST : 12 April 2005

In fact, ALL the alpha docs are dated April 2005.

Weird. The timestamp stopped updating.

1) Can we update the Docs?
2) When are the Docs built and published?

Docs and javadoc are built nightly and published to the website around midnight. Check out the timestamps on the directories: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/

And you can see that the fix for DERBY-544 is reflected at: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminappsclienttracing.html

Can we fix or get something in place that will fix this problem in the future?

I need to figure out why the PDF timestamps are frozen at April 12, 2005. That's pretty odd. :-) The docs themselves are up to date. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.