db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some test failures on 10.1 codeline
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:15:05 GMT
On 10/19/05, Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunithaghm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> >FYI
> >
> >Yesterday before my commits to 10.1 I ran derbynetclientmats against
> >insane and classes directory and the only failure was
> >lang/forUpdate.sql. The importExport test passed.
> >

> I re-ran the derbynetclientmats suite and derbynetmats suite on my local
> 10.1 codeline and* all tests passed.*
>
> Environment : windows 2k - T40 laptop.
> java version "1.4.2"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
> Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build
> cn142sr1a-20050209 (JIT
> enabled: jitc))
>
> Thanks,
> Sunitha.

Hi...
 This was apparently a problem due to some versions of the ibm 1.4.2 jvm.
Back in February I submitted a patch for 2 canons for ibm14 for
networkserver - but I can now not remember what - if any -research I did
that led me to just accept these differences.
 Either way, with newer releases of the ibm142 jvm the behavior is once
again identical to the sun jvm.
 We may need to get rid of the ibm14 canons
<branch>/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNet/ibm14/importExport.out
<branch>/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNetClient/ibm14/importExport.out
We may need to document the need for this later release somehow.
 Myrna