db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/checkDriver.java fails
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:09:36 GMT
On 10/7/05, Deepa Remesh <dremesh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ole for posting the test result.
>
> I had added tests for client urls which were causing null pointer
> exceptions in network server (as part of patch for DERBY-374). I had
> run tests only on Windows. These failures are because of difference in
> the file name convention on Windows and non-Windows systems. On
> Windows, Derby checks for ":" in the path name and handles it
> differently. Also, Windows file names cannot have double-quotes in
> them. So use of double-quotes as part of database name fails on
> Windows.
>
> I can remove the problematic urls from the test. Or if there is any
> way to provide different test canons based on OS, I can do that. I
> would appreciate any suggestions for this.
>
> Thanks,
> Deepa

 The test harness currently doesn't deal with canons based on OS. You can
make a checkDriver_sed.properties file where you have the sed-step of the
test harness replace, or delete certain strings, so the output matches the
expected output on all platforms.
It's always better to have something that works the same on all platforms,
so the above is just a last resort...
 Myrna