db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HEADS UP: DERBY-330 commit is huge
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:19:13 GMT

On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:06 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
>>
>> Committed revision 329187.
>>
>> Any chocolate for contributing the largest patch? ;o)
>>

> Are you offering chocolate for messing up our codelines? :-)
>
> I know there's probably never a good time to do something like
> this, but
> some advance warning is really helpful. That allows developers some
> chance to minimize the number of changes in thier client. Pick a
> Sunday
> at least ten days away, and provide reminders during the week before.

For anyone that synced up to 329187 and now has a bunch of merge
conflicts (state 'C' in svn stat) sitting in your view, you should be
able to patch yourself and be back in order. From the top of the tree:

svn up -r 329186
svn diff > my.patch
svn revert -R *
svn up
patch -p0 < my.patch

No warranties, expressed or implied. Use at your own risk, make a
backup (or patch a different view) if you're really worried, etc. :-)

andrew