db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2.0 release
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:54:11 GMT

On Oct 27, 2005, at 10:41 AM, Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:

> No, automatic property setting only applies to the svn add and svn
> import commands. Properties are not changed on a file when you
> simply check it out.

Thanks, I had always been under the impression that it worked both
ways, on checkout or add/commit. In fact, I had just read that
section before you posted it and was still left with that impression.
The Config section states it more explicitly:

"enable-auto-props
This instructs Subversion to automatically set properties on newly
added or imported files. The default value is no, so set this to yes
to enable Auto-props. The auto-props section of this file specifies
which properties are to be set on which files."

So, you're correct, no need for the FixCRLFs if they're correct in
the repository. I'll still look into setting the filemode on the
filesets in the release targets to correctly set the executable bits
for the scripts.

andrew