db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Shared Components Guidelines
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:31:44 GMT

On Oct 20, 2005, at 4:13 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Is this ok? A vote that refers to a page that is by definition
> updateable? This means there will be no records in the archives on
> what
> exactly was voted on. Maybe the wiki page could be extracted into the
> call to vote e-mail.

This is why wikis are nice, but STATUS is really the place to keep a
record of important votes and proposal type information for
posterity. I think it's OK to have the vote on the proposal, but then
the vote and proposal should then be recorded in STATUS, and the web
page for the proposal should move from the wiki to a permanent place
in the website.

my $.02,
andrew