db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with release instructions and md5sum.exe
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 05:57:18 GMT

On Oct 21, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:

> java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: \marsden\bin\md5.ksh
> D:\svn\opensource\10.1/tools/release/db-derby-10.1.2.0-bin.zip
> error=193

I agree with Francois, I think this the mixed slashes (and/or other
factors) are confusing Cygwin's shell interpreter or md5 command or
both.

> I also am not sure of the exact format of md5 -q that I am supposed to
> be matching.

The output should be a 128-bit value in hex format. From your output,
it looks like you just need to remove the beginning slash and capture
the resulting output in {whatever}.md5.

I'm not sure what example we should put into the wiki, since this
problem would appear to be specific to Cygwin. Perhaps a better
general recommendation for how to generate MD5 hashes in Windows
would be appropriate.

andrew