db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Norbert Toth-Gati <norbert.tothg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: in-memory
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:03:12 GMT
Hello Kristian,

On 10/11/05, Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:
> Hello Norbert,
>
> Norbert Toth-Gati wrote:
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > I would also be interested more exactly when will this functionality
> > be released?
> > And is this going to support most of the existing functionalities? I
> > would be particularly interested in the support for 'select for
> > update'.
>
> With background in some other work I have been doing, I know there are
> different semantics for SELECT FOR UPDATE in different database systems.
>
> What semantics are you expecting?
> Have you tried your application with Derby, or have you written it based
> on another database system and want to "port" it to Derby?

Well, till now I have been using HSQLDB, but unfortunately this does
not support SELECT FOR UPDATE. I would only expect the SELECT FOR
UPDATE to lock the selected row/rows.

Well, I am looking for an in-memory DB which supports the above
specified functionality. And Derby may be good, I heard Stephen Fitch
is working on it.

Do you have any other suggestions, perhaps?

Regards,

 Norbert