db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Support the ANSI-SQL standard BOOLEAN datatype.
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:15:58 GMT

On Oct 27, 2005, at 7:59 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for noticing this. I have recorded the vote results on the
> wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/VoteResults. I hope you don't
> mind my using the wiki as the medium to publish these results.

Yes, I do. The wiki is not an official medium for communication. If
you call for a vote then you should post the result of that vote to
the list.

> As Dan points out, the official record is really the email archive.
> I prefer the wiki to the STATUS file because the wiki exposes
> information on the web rather than tucking facts away inside the
> code tree.

See http://db.apache.org/source.html specifically the section titled
"Status Files". The status file is the official place for project
status because it is source controlled. The wiki isn't official
because anyone can come along and munge it, and the source for the
wikis, while versioned, is not source controlled and the contents are
not guaranteed to be able to be restored from backup. The mere
existence of the wiki is a controversial subject among the members of
the Apache infrastructure team. Be glad we have it at all.

Patches to the STATUS file are always welcome, from anyone. The
status file is viewable on the web at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
db/derby/code/trunk/STATUS

> For the record, the polls are closed on this vote.

Then please post the result to the list to make it official.

andrew