db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-516 patch review, pt. 1
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:34:22 GMT

On Oct 22, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> 1 - For junit.jar - the instructions in BUILDING.txt are not clear
> as to what you are supposed to do with junit.jar.
> <snip>
> In general, compilepath.properties is reserved for JDK-related
> classes, jars containing java.*, javax.*, or direct dependencies.
> The new property for junit.jar should probably be called ${junit},
> added to extrapath.properties, and the build.xml in java/
> testing/.../functionTests/compatibility/build.xml should include $
> {junit} in the appropriate classpath entries for the applicable
> <javac> tasks. Same for java/testing/.../functionTests/util/
> build.xml and java/testing/.../jdbcapi/build.xml

Apparently sleepiness-induced blindness caused me to miss the (2)
part in BUILDING.txt. Sorry about that. I've added a little bit to
the description in BUILDING.txt, and fixed up the build files as
described above. I moved the section on JUnit after the JDKs, because
the default build target builds just the code for the product, and
anyone interested in building the product but not the tests could get
going with just the Ant, the JDKs, and the JDK extensions.  Here's a
patch with those files, and a blank master for CompatibilityTest.out
that seemed to be missing from the original patch.