db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grant and Revoke ... DERBY-464...
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:51:46 GMT
Fair enough - but at the same time, the proposal is an evolving one in my
opinion - I posted some preliminary comments in the JIRA of items I think we
need to take into consideration (add to the specs) - I don't mind adding
comments sequentially to JIRA but the proposal (aka Functional Specs) will
have to evolve as we find that we need to add more (items) to it.

As far as the design and code, well, don't we need to finish commenting on
the proposal and then agree we want to proceed via a Vote or not - I would
have assumed so, expecially for such a big feature. Hence, one is always
taking of risk to implement something before the proposal has been approved
by a community, no? ;)

Also, am seeing that we're recoding comments here in this thread and within
the JIRA - shouldn't we try to record all comments in JIRA rather than doing
it at several places? just wondering - I understand email is fine but it is
more for a manageability aspect that ideally it would be good to have
comments in the JIRA ;) - but that is just my view...

Cheers,

--francois