db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: How to run the Apache DB Torque tutorial with Derby]
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:28:01 GMT
Well in the case of ResultSetMetaData.isSearchable, ODBC semantics are
pretty clear.

Looking at the ODBC SQL_DESC_SEARCHABLE attribute and confirmed by Lance:
SQL_PRED_SEARCHABLE states, "if the column can be used in a WHERE clause
with any comparison operator." It definitely applies to the WHERE clause and
was added specifically so interactive applications could choose which
comparison operators (if any) could be used in a drop down box for query
builder type sequences.

So yes ResultSetMetaData.isSearchable applies to the Table ;)

--francois