db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about setTransactionIsolation in network client driver
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:17:46 GMT
When autocommit is set to false, a call to setTransactionIsolation
using client driver does not end the transaction when the method
exits. When a close() is called on the conection, it throws an
exception.

Running the code below:

	conn.setAutoCommit(false);
	conn.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED);
	try{
		conn.close();
	}catch(SQLException se){
		System.out.println("Got exception when closing the connection");
		se.printStackTrace();
	}

with client driver gives:
Got exception when closing the connection
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: java.sql.Connection.close()
requested while a transaction is in progress on the connection.The
transaction remains active, and the connection cannot be closed.

with embedded driver, it works okay and does not throw any exception.

This looks like a bug to me. Can someone please confirm? If I don't
hear otherwise, I'll open a JIRA issue tommorow.

Thanks Kathey for bringing this up.

Thanks,
Deepa