db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derbynet/getCurrentProperties.java fails
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:28:02 GMT
Thanks Ole for posting the files.

I did not catch this problem when I ran tests because I was using
trunk/classes to run tests. When I tried with jars, the tests failed
on my machine too. On looking at  derby_tests.policy, the policy for
running with classes covered writes to derby.system.home directory.
But for derbynet.jar, permission to write to derby.system.home was not
in the policy. I have added that and now the test
derbynet/getCurrentProperties.java passes with jars. I am attaching
the patch for policy file with this mail. If there are any comments,
please let me know. I will upload it to JIRA once tests finish.

In Apache Derby website (http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html),
step 3 in "How to create a patch" mentions using classes directory to
run tests. (Be sure to set your CLASSPATH env var to include the
trunk/classes dir.)  Would it be better to change this to "run tests
with Derby jars"? I think this also cannot cover all possible cases
(like sane/insane jars etc) but was wondering if that would be a
better thing to do.

Thanks,
Deepa