db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/checkDriver.java fails
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:28:38 GMT
Thanks Ole for posting the test result.

I had added tests for client urls which were causing null pointer
exceptions in network server (as part of patch for DERBY-374). I had
run tests only on Windows. These failures are because of difference in
the file name convention on Windows and non-Windows systems. On
Windows, Derby checks for ":" in the path name and handles it
differently. Also, Windows file names cannot have double-quotes in
them. So use of double-quotes as part of database name fails on
Windows.

I can remove the problematic urls from the test. Or if there is any
way to provide different test canons based on OS, I can do that. I
would appreciate any suggestions for this.

Thanks,
Deepa