db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Proposed 10.1 snapshot (was Re: lang/wisconsin.sql)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:29:14 GMT
I ran derbyall with J2ME/CDC/FP with the new snapshot. 3 tests failed.
I have attached the diff for failures.

* derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/metadataJdbc20.java (needs master file update)
* derbyall/storeall/storeall.fail:store/oc_rec1.java
* derbyall/storeall/storeall.fail:store/oc_rec3.java

The stack trace for IllegalStateException from .tmp files:
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntryImpl(Native Method)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:142)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:307)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.getJarEntry(JarFile.java:209)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClassImpl(URLClassLoader.java:928)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:167)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:555)

Has anyone seen this before?

I tried to run the failed online compress tests individually but
looking at the tests, I think they have to be run in sequence. So I
ran just storeall suite and the tests oc_rec1.java and oc_rec3.java
passed. I am not sure if these failures are intermittent. If anyone
who has more knowledge of these tests can look into this and tell if
this could be a problem in test/code, it would be great.

On 10/5/05, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> >Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> >

> >>Running derbyall with the 10.1 jars made with a  sane build (svn
> >>292855), I am seeing  a difference in plan for lang/wisconsin.sql in
> >>embedded.  If  I run the test independently it passes.
> >>

> >I tried to run the test independently with your snapshot, and it
> >failed.
> >
> Thanks Knut for looking at this.   I finally gave up on that  snapshot
> and made a new proposed snapshot based on SVN 292855.
> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/snapshot/
> I still have no idea what the problem was with wisconsin but derbyall on
> Windows runs cleanly with the new one.
> Also  the same build has expected results on Ole's page.
> http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_tests.html
> I will go ahead and bump the version.  The only issue with the version
> is that there was a test change checked in yesterday (DERBY-459)
> which is not in the snapshot but got put in before the version bump.
> Deepa could you try this with J2ME?    If anyone else can give the
> snapshot a try before we post it that would be great.
> Thanks
> Kathey

View raw message