db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject DERBY-615 - security manager now enabled by default
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:23:59 GMT

Svn commit (on the trunk) 329876 enables the security manager by default
for tests in the test harness, except:

  - when useProcess=true
  - jcc is the client driver
  - noSecurityManager=true

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=329876

This is part of the incremental development for DERBY-615.

I tested jar/non-jar and sane/non-sane with no problems.

I see the Sun "tinderbox" tests were ok, no new problems introduced.

I think roughly about 58% of the JDBC client (emebedded or network
client) side tests now install a security manager (with J2SE).

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SecurityManagerTesting

I added a section in the testing README file on the security manager.

Dan.