db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: HEADS UP: DERBY-330 commit is huge
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:27:25 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:06 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
>> Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
>>

>>> Committed revision 329187.
>>>
>>> Any chocolate for contributing the largest patch? ;o)
>>>

>> Are you offering chocolate for messing up our codelines? :-)
>>
>> I know there's probably never a good time to do something like  this, but
>> some advance warning is really helpful. That allows developers some
>> chance to minimize the number of changes in thier client. Pick a  Sunday
>> at least ten days away, and provide reminders during the week before.
>

> For anyone that synced up to 329187 and now has a bunch of merge
> conflicts (state 'C' in svn stat) sitting in your view, you should be
> able to patch yourself and be back in order. From the top of the tree:
>
> svn up -r 329186
> svn diff > my.patch
> svn revert -R *
> svn up
> patch -p0 < my.patch
>
> No warranties, expressed or implied. Use at your own risk, make a
> backup (or patch a different view) if you're really worried, etc. :-)

That seemed like a great idea, but didn't work for me. :-(

With just the svn update I had only one file in conflict.

Then following Andrew's steps (as a test), the patch failed on most of
my modified files.

Your mileage may vary ...

Now see if I can go back (again) to 329186 and apply my patch ...

Dan.