db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Recipe for committing contributions
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:18:54 GMT
Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
> The attached html file contains a recipe/checklist that I find useful
> when committing patches. I was just wondering if this is something that
> you other guys would find useful as well. If so, we could perhaps make
> it a Wiki page or publish it in some other way. You may not agree on
> everything, or there may be some issues I haven't though of; feel free
> to comment on that. The intention of the document is to make sure that
> things go smoothly and you don't break the build.

I'd like to see a Wiki page with this information. Currently there's
also a somewhat shorter recipe at
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html#Contribute+Code+or+Documentation
. That section could point to the Wiki page.

The reason I'd rather it be on the Wiki (and not on the web site) is it
makes it easier for committers and contributors to directly correct and
improve that information.

   -jean