db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Help with T_RecoverFullLog test
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:50:14 GMT
Suresh Thalamati wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
>> When running storeunit with the security manager, I'm down to only one
>> failure, T_RecoverFullLog. It passes for me without the security
>> manager, fails with, but not due to a security exception.
>>
>> My guess is that somewhere some system properties are not being set or
>> read. Does anyone know what properties it is requires to run correctly,
>> it's all about debug properties to cause edge cases I think.
>>
>> The properties set in the test itself are ok, since they do not throw
>> exceptions.
>>
>> The failure is the code getting to line 771
>>
>> throw T_Fail.testFailMsg("log should have filled but did not");
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Dan.
>>

> couple of things I noticed different with this test are,
>
> 1) it sets fill log  property though
>    System.getProperties().put(LogToFile.TEST_RECORD_TO_FILL_LOG, "1");
>    and LogFactorty(LogToFile.java  Reads it through:
>       PropertyUtil.getSystemProperty(TEST_RECORD_TO_FILL_LOG);
>
> 2)TEST_RECORD_TO_FILL_LOG property name is
> db2j.unittest.recordToFillLog  instead of derby.*
>

> Does any of the above cases likely to cause problems under Security
> Manager ?

Yep, I would guess that LogFactory call is returning null for the
property since it permission has not been granted to read it. Thanks.

The properties not being derby.* is probably ok, and good. It's clear
then that they are not regular derby properties and can be clearly
spearated in the policy file.

Thanks very much,
Dan.