db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with T_RecoverFullLog test
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:37:03 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> When running storeunit with the security manager, I'm down to only one
> failure, T_RecoverFullLog. It passes for me without the security
> manager, fails with, but not due to a security exception.
>
> My guess is that somewhere some system properties are not being set or
> read. Does anyone know what properties it is requires to run correctly,
> it's all about debug properties to cause edge cases I think.
>
> The properties set in the test itself are ok, since they do not throw
> exceptions.
>
> The failure is the code getting to line 771
>
> throw T_Fail.testFailMsg("log should have filled but did not");
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Dan.

couple of things I noticed different with this test are,

1) it sets fill log  property though
    System.getProperties().put(LogToFile.TEST_RECORD_TO_FILL_LOG, "1");
    and LogFactorty(LogToFile.java  Reads it through:
       PropertyUtil.getSystemProperty(TEST_RECORD_TO_FILL_LOG);

2)TEST_RECORD_TO_FILL_LOG property name is
db2j.unittest.recordToFillLog  instead of derby.*

Does any of the above cases likely to cause problems under Security
Manager ?

Thanks
-suresh