db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2.0 release
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:27:04 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2005, at 10:59 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>
>>   3. txt files, README and friends have CRLF in zips and LF in tars.
>

> Forgot about those. Good point.

Me too.

I think these should have eol-style native in the repository, so that
you can check them out and have them in your platform's native format.
When building something that is meant for distribution, one will have to
make a choice. Seems like a good candidate for your ant trick. :) I
agree on the "tar.gz is for unix, zip is for windows" line of thinking,
but since this is not strictly the case, the downloads should be marked
properly.

>> But if they are going to be different (and I'm not saying they should
>> be) we certainly have to label the files clearly on the download page,
>> like:
>>
>>   db-derby-10.1.2.0.zip (Windows CRLF line terminators)
>>   db-derby-10.1.2.0.tar.gz (Unix LF line terminators)

I agree.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway