db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2.0 release
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:41:56 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2005, at 7:48 AM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
>> Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
>>
>>> Katheshould be fine. I haven't tested this though.
>>>
>>> I think the properties should be changed on the trunk and then merged
>>> to the branch. This might be a good time to fix up all the property
>>> issues in DERBY-330, in addition to these.
>>>

>> Are you volunteering?

Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/NetworkServerControl.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/NetworkServerControl.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/dblook.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/dblook.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/ij.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/ij.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/setNetworkClientCP.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/setNetworkClientCP.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/setNetworkServerCP.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/setNetworkServerCP.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/startNetworkServer.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/startNetworkServer.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/stopNetworkServer.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/stopNetworkServer.ksh
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/sysinfo.bat
Sending        frameworks/NetworkServer/bin/sysinfo.ksh
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/dblook.bat
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/dblook.ksh
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/ij.bat
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/ij.ksh
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/setEmbeddedCP.bat
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/setEmbeddedCP.ksh
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/sysinfo.bat
Sending        frameworks/embedded/bin/sysinfo.ksh
Sending
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/upgradeTests/runphases.ksh
Transmitting file data ............
Committed revision 328911.

> No need. Dyre already submitted a script for fixing all of the svn
> properties. I hadn't finished reviewing it before I got distracted by
> other things. Looks like now's a good time to finish reviewing it.

Sorry, I got to it before you. ;o) Didn't see your email before I committed.

Dyre's original patch was getting out of date, plus it didn't take into
account the platform-specific scripts. It so happens that Dyre's office
is 7 meters from mine, so I just got him to give me his script for
creating the script (seriously...), so I could apply a "fresher" patch.

But if you're in the mood for committing, I have something for you - you
could merge this patch onto the branch - it's getting late here and I
would like to go home and get something to eat.... :o)

> As for the linefeeds, I think the correct solution is to fix up the
> line feeds for the tars and not the zips using Ant's <FixCRLF> task.  I
> believe that for shell-emulation environments on Windows that the
> linefeeds should still be CRLF, not LF, but could somebody confirm that?

I disagree, that would push the problem to everyone building on one
platform and deploying on multiple, for all releases from now and
forever. Any decent shell-emulation environment must IMHO take into
account that shell scripts are LF terminated (at least cygwin does).
Just as any emulator running .bat files on a unix would have to deal
with CRLF.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway