db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2.0 release
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:27:47 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
>>Following up on this, I think the recommended property list at
>>http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt contains errors.
>>Platform-specific files should have platform-specific eol-style, so
>>that they will be correct for the deployment platform, whatever the
>>build platform is:
>>
>>*.bat = svn:eol-style=native  # Should be CRLF
>>*.sh = svn:eol-style=native # Should be LF
>>
>>There should also be an entry like this:
>>*.ksh = svn:eol-style=LF
>>

> This sounds like a worthy  showstopper to me and changing the properties
> seems right too instead of running a script to fix aup the distribution.
> A few questions:
>
> Should svn:executable also be set for ksh, sh  files?

Yes.

>  Does this mean that the build of the release  has to occur on unix for
> the executable status to be set correctly?

I don't think so. As long as svn on Windows sets the executable bit
properly and the zip program run on Windows honors it, everything should
be fine. I haven't tested this though.

I think the properties should be changed on the trunk and then merged to
the branch. This might be a good time to fix up all the property issues
in DERBY-330, in addition to these.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway