db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2.0 release
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:59:30 GMT
Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>
>> -1
>>
>> All the ksh scripts are have CRLF line terminators and therefore don't
>> work under unix.
>>
>> % ksh ij.ksh
>> ij.ksh[13]: ^M:  not found
>> ij.ksh[15]: ^M:  not found
>> ij.ksh[16]: {^M:  not found
>> ij.ksh[17]:
>> /tmp/derbyrc/db-derby-10.1.2.0-bin/frameworks/embedded/bin/setEmbeddedCP.ksh^M:
>> not found
>>
>> In addition, frameworks/readme.html says:
>>
>>   To use the scripts for a particular framework, modify the scripts as
>>   necessary and put that framework's bin subdirectory first in your
>>   path.
>>
>> This won't work since the scripts don't have the executable bit set.
>>
>> The quick solution is running this before packaging:
>>
>>   find . -name "*.ksh" | xargs perl -pi -e 's/\r\n/\n/g'
>>   find . -name "*.ksh" | xargs chmod 755
>>
>> The right solution is fixing DERBY-330.
>

> Following up on this, I think the recommended property list at
> http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt contains errors.
> Platform-specific files should have platform-specific eol-style, so
> that they will be correct for the deployment platform, whatever the
> build platform is:
>
> *.bat = svn:eol-style=native  # Should be CRLF
> *.sh = svn:eol-style=native # Should be LF
>
> There should also be an entry like this:
> *.ksh = svn:eol-style=LF

This sounds like a worthy  showstopper to me and changing the properties
seems right too instead of running a script to fix aup the distribution.
A few questions:

Should svn:executable also be set for ksh, sh  files?
 Does this mean that the build of the release  has to occur on unix for
the executable status to be set correctly?

Kathey