db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.2.0 release
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:37:51 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> -1
>
> All the ksh scripts are have CRLF line terminators and therefore don't
> work under unix.
>
> % ksh ij.ksh
> ij.ksh[13]: ^M:  not found
> ij.ksh[15]: ^M:  not found
> ij.ksh[16]: {^M:  not found
> ij.ksh[17]: /tmp/derbyrc/db-derby-10.1.2.0-bin/frameworks/embedded/bin/setEmbeddedCP.ksh^M:
 not found

> In addition, frameworks/readme.html says:
>
>   To use the scripts for a particular framework, modify the scripts as
>   necessary and put that framework's bin subdirectory first in your
>   path.
>
> This won't work since the scripts don't have the executable bit set.
>
> The quick solution is running this before packaging:
>
>   find . -name "*.ksh" | xargs perl -pi -e 's/\r\n/\n/g'
>   find . -name "*.ksh" | xargs chmod 755
>
> The right solution is fixing DERBY-330.

Following up on this, I think the recommended property list at
http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt contains errors.
Platform-specific files should have platform-specific eol-style, so that
they will be correct for the deployment platform, whatever the build
platform is:

*.bat = svn:eol-style=native  # Should be CRLF
*.sh = svn:eol-style=native # Should be LF

There should also be an entry like this:
*.ksh = svn:eol-style=LF

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway